Hi

Welcome to Klogdeblog, hope you enjoy your journey through my thoughts on varied subjects.

Would be delighted to have your comments, feedback or your take on any of my contributions...

Just click the topic of your choice under labels and read on.

Thank you for your time.




Thursday, February 19, 2009

Luckbychance

I loved the film Luck by chance and even if I hadn’t known it was directed by Zoya, I would have known after the last scene that it was directed by a woman. The conclusion and observation that the man came and said things to do with only his life and issues, was fantastic. And it is not about gender, there are people who are like that and they not necessarily bad…they are just like!!! But it takes a woman to pick up that nuance and do so without being judgmental.

I have been lately thinking about cinema being too real. Not that we don’t enjoy the new sensibility but somehow it seems too ‘English medium’ type of thinking to me. It is admittedly Cineplex audience cinema. Good but is it not important for the so called upper echelons of the society to be familiarized with how masses in India think? Gated communities, Cineplex films, restricted entry clubs…are we insulating a part of our youth to what is? I wonder whether this new generation will then not want to associate with the common Indian and reality of the masses? One always works to alter ones own reality, not someone else’s. and the Indian masses are someone else to the Cineplex going youth?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger